1 lb Five Marys Ground Beef (recipe easily doubles!)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 bag fresh baby spinach
M5 Spice Rub or Salt & pepper
red wine vinegar, optional
1) Add diced onion with a little olive oil to a cast iron
pan or skillet and cook until transparent (add mushrooms
and cook slightly if you’d like to add them!)
2) Brown the ground beef with the onion until cooked
evenly, breaking up until no longer pink. Add M5 Spice Rub or salt and
pepper to taste.
3) Add the spinach and mix together. Cook until the
spinach wilts, covered if possible, on low heat. (if
using frozen spinach, cook separately and drain first,
then add and mix)
4) Add lightly beaten eggs to the beef and spinach and
fold into the mixture until the eggs are set, about 2-3
6) Serve in a bowl (our family likes it with red wine
vinegar poured on too but that’s optional!) and a little
more salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe is an old favorite in Mary’s family!